How To Get a Florida ID

  • $25 fee for Florida ID (not license) will be waived for those who can prove homeless status
  • A letter from a homeless services agency on letterhead and signed by a representative certifying that you are homeless      or a self-certification must be submitted to DMV. A MyAccess benefits card may also work

            A copy of the document for self-certification can be downloaded here: FL DMV Certificate of Address

  • Additional $6.25 service fee charged by a Tax Collector’s Office may or may not be waived
  • If you lose your ID, you can get another one for free
  • You still must provide proof of identity and social security number:

1. An Original or Certified of One of the Following Primary Identification Documents:

  • Certified United States birth certificate, including territories and District of Columbia
  • Valid United States Passport or Passport Card
  • Consular Report of Birth Abroad
  • Certificate of Naturalization, Form N-550 or Form N-570
  • Certificate of Citizenship, Form N-560 or Form N-561

2. Proof of Social Security Number

  • Social Security Card
  • W-2 form
  • Pay check
  • SSA-1099
  • Any 1099

3. Proofs of Residential Address: Gather TWO of the following documents showing your residential address:

  • Deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet or residential rental/lease agreement
  • Florida Voter Registration Card
  • Florida Vehicle Registration or Title
  • Florida Boat Registration or Title (if living on a boat/houseboat)
  • A statement from a parent, step-parent or legal guardian of an applicant. The parent or guardian must reside at the same residence address, accompany the applicant and present “Proof of Residence Address”
  • A utility hook up or work order dated within 60 days of the application
  • Automobile Payment Booklet
  • Selective Service Card
  • Medical or health card with address listed
  • Current homeowners insurance policy or bill
  • Current automobile insurance policy or bill
  • Educational institution transcript forms for the current school year
  • Unexpired professional license issued by a government agency in the S.
  • W-2 form or 1099 form
  • Form DS2019, Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) status
  • A letter from a homeless shelter, transitional service provider, or a half-way house verifying that the customer resides at the shelter address
  • Utility bills, not more than two months old
  • Mail from financial institutions; including checking or savings statements, not more than two months old
  • Mail from Federal, State, County or City government agencies (including city and county agencies)
  • Transients / Sexual Offender/Predator/Career Offender: – FDLE Registration form completed by local sheriff’s department